Friday, October 28, 2011

Thanks to helpers of destiny

After receiving several text messages and calls yesterday, I went into a deep thought. I was thinking about who I was and who I am now and who I want to be I am the first to admit that the first twenty years of my life wasn’t the real me, but the corrections I have made within the last four years has make most of the wrongs right. During the first twenty years, I know I am not being real to myself but because I lack good substance inside of me, I gave in to pressure. Lakita Garth said in one of her books that people are like the soda cans. What happens when you squeeze an empty soda can? It gets crushed. Why? Because the pressure on the outside of the can is greater than the pressure on the inside. The inverse is true as well. What happens when you squeeze a full soda can that’s still sealed on top? It can’t be crushed. Why? Because the pressure on the inside of the can is greater than the pressure on the outside. People use peer pressure as an excuse for bad behaviour when in fact they are simply empty of any true substance. Whenever they are subjected to any pressure from the wrong people to do the wrong thing at the wrong in the wrong place, they collapse. Peer pressure is nothing more than a lack of character. Yesterday made it the 24th year that I have been on earth but I am only four years old. Four years of being relevant, four years of being responsible. I celebrated four years of doing what God really called me to do. I am writing this note to appreciate several people whom God has brought my way, some of whom the lord used to lay foundation; and others to build. You have really impacted my life and ministry. Till your death, I only know you as mummy Tolani: You first recognized the call of God in my life when you were our children teacher at World Merciful Gospel Mission. At the tender age of ten, you gave me necessary encouragement, motivation and the joy of answering God’s call. Thank you ma. May your soul rest in peace Pastor Ayooluwa Olalere: You picked me up where mummy Tolani dropped me. Though I turned weird and went astray, but because I was afraid you will chastise me if I don’t do your bible study Assignments, learn the memory verses, read the psalms and learn the books of the bible, I never stopped coming to church. My grandma, Deaconess Abigail Adedoyin: You confirmed my calling and told me I was not too young to work for God. I know you are happy now seeing me do what is expected of me. Mama, e ma dagba, e ma dogbo, eyin le ma jeun wa loruko Jesu. Dr. D.K. Olukoya: I am amazed and challenged by the depth of your knowledge and insight. The combination of your anointing with humility posed a great challenge to me. The unction in which you function is simply mind blowing. Ronke Kosoko: This appreciation will never be complete if your name is exempted. After my encounter with you in 2008, my life took a new dimension. Your book, power of responsibility causes a revolutionary transformation in my life. Ma, I’ll forever be grateful. My parents, Mr. and Mrs. Olabode Adedoyin Ajiboye: Thank you for tolerating me in those years when I was acting like a bastard. You are the best parents in the world. My Uncle, Timothy Adedoyin: a role model and a mentor. Your life is simply the kind I pray for. Your generosity and philanthropical act incomparable. If every Uncle in the world can be like you, the world would have been a better place. My best friends: Anthony Anike and Fidelia Ezeme: You guys are the best. Your companionship makes me feel like writing everything down. Thanks for always being there. I owe you both my life. I want to specially thank everybody that has added value to my life in one way or the other: ‘femi Owolabi Success, Pst. Damilola Oluwatoyinbo, Olumide Bisiriyu, Dayo Ayeni, Pst. Victor Olukoju, Florence Omolara, Mrs. Funke Ogungbesan, Obinna Echendu, Emmanuel Oladiji, Kabiru Sunkanmi, Mrs. Eucharia Ezeme, John Anene, All the CSC guys in Unilag, Mr. Muftau Oyinloye, Ayanfeoluwa Lawal, Chinenye Ilondu. Thanks to you all. Special thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Adetunji Bello for being there whenever I call, God’s favour will never depart from your family, Jide Falaki for being a true friend and brother, Adenimi Omotere – I can say it with my last breadth that I love you, Ayobami Familua, for being a wonderful friend and sister, those things I promised in the letter I sent you last year are very much in my heart, Samson Bakare for being a naughty brother. To all members of Maximum Impact Network: I am glad to be identified with you and finally to my siblings: Busayo, Jumoke, Peter and Enoch – Thank you for your support and encouragement. And to you for finding out time to read this. God bless you. Thanks. Matthew Adedoyin [For all my destiny helpers, including those I forgot to mention their names]

No comments:

Post a Comment