Tuesday, August 2, 2011

EVERYONE IS HURT BY ABORTION

EVERYONE IS HURT BY ABORTION
Here is a poem by a young woman who had an abortion:

The tables they turned so quickly,
I was left with no time for thought.
I’m not sure why I did it,
For regret is all it brought.

I gave in for their reasons
Because I had none for myself.
I heard the life inside me
Would be gone with nothing left.

I and the baby entered together,
Left alone once we were inside.
I asked for this last time together
Before the baby of mine would die.

I wondered if the baby could hear me
And knew this choice wasn’t really mine.
Then just as I whispered, “I’m sorry,”
I heard a knock and knew it was time.

The pain I felt had made me scream
It was more than I could take
But nothing could prepare me
For the emptiness that took its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment