Saturday, April 2, 2011

To the Best Grandma in the world on Mothers’ day: Deaconess Abigail Adedoyin

I have been walking with my note pad for more than a week thinking about what to write for the woman I cherish so much but it looks like I am the dullest guy in class 'cause nothing kept coming, until I stumbled through this poem we were forced to memorized back in Primary School. Although, few words where changed to suit the purpose of writing it, just seat back, enjoy it and pass on to every woman you cherish. Just change the last line if she isn't your grandma because  I am dedicating  it to the Best Grandma in the world on Mothers’ day: Deaconess Abigail Adedoyin and every other women, single, married, divorced, widow who made sure they make tremendous impact in every lives they come across.


When sleep forsook my open eye,
Who was it sung sweet hushaby,
And rocked me that I should not cry?
My Grandma


Who sat and watched my infant head,
When sleeping on my cradle bed,
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My Grandma


When pain and sickness made me cry,
Who gazed upon my heavy eye,
And wept for fear that I should die?
My Grandma


Who dressed me in clothes so attractive,
And taught me pretty how to play.
And minded all I had to say?
My Grandma


Who taught my infant lips to pray,
And love God’s holy book and day.
And walk in Wisdom’s pleasant way?
My Grandma


And can I ever cease to be
Affectionate and kind to thee,
Who was so very kind to me?
My Grandma


Ah, no! The thought I cannot bear;
And if God please my life to spare,
I hope I shall reward thy care,
My Grandma


Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Grandma


Though thou art feeble, old, and gray,
My healthy arm shall be thy stay,
And I will soothe thy pains away.
My Grandma


And when I see thee hang thy head,
‘Twill be my turn to watch thy bed.
And tears of sweet affection shed,
My Grandma


For could our Father in the skies
Look down with pleased or loving eyes,
If ever I could dare despise
My Grandma

[For the best Grandmother in the world, who has proven herself second to none: Deaconess Abigail Adedoyin. Mama, You are the best. E ma pe laiye, ema fi origi jobi, eti n jeun omo, ema jeun omo omo. Kosi Iku to ma payin te ba ti jeun awa omo omo yin]

No comments:

Post a Comment